At present, water-based screen printing ink is more and more used by screen printing factory, then, what’s the differences between water-based screen printing inks and other screen printing inks? We will introduce you the details from following four parts to make you more aware of the advantages of water-based screen printing inks: What is water-based screen printing ink; the composition and color of water-based screen printing ink; How to use water-based screen printing ink.
Water-based screen printing ink is mainly made of water as a solvent processed by science and technology. Water-based screen printing ink was made from water-soluble resin, organic pigments, solvents and related additives by the composite grinding process. Water-based screen printing ink is particularly suitable for tobacco, alcohol, food, beverages, medicines, children's toys etc sanitary conditions demanding packaging and printing products.
Water based screen printing ink ingredients
Water-based screen printing ink is made of water-soluble resin, advanced pigments, solvents and additives processed by the composite grinding. The roll of water-soluble resin in the ink is the connecting material, to make the pigment particles evenly dispersed, so that the ink has a certain mobility, produce adhesion with the substrate material, so that the water-based screen printing inks form a uniform film after printing. Water-based screen printing ink color phase mainly depends on the pigment. The pigment is distributed evenly in the jointing material in a particle state, pigment particles absorb, reflect, refract and transmit light and therefore can assume a certain color. General requirements Pigments with bright colors, appropriate coloring and hiding power, and high dispersion. In addition, according to different use purpose, it is also possible to have different resistances. The role of the solvent is to dissolve the resin, to make the water-based screen printing ink has a certain mobility, to reach successfully transferred in printing process, and also can adjust the ink viscosity and drying properties. Water-based screen printing ink solvent is mainly water and a small amount of ethanol. Common additives are: pH stabilizers, slow drying agent, defoamers, dilute agent.
Water based screen printing ink colors
Pigment gives ink color characteristics, meet the printing requirements of color. General organic pigments and inorganic pigments can be used for water-based ink. As water-based resins are mostly alkali-soluble resin, so you must use alkali-resistant pigments when choose pigment. However, the distribution density of pigment in water-based screen printing ink is much larger than that of solvent - based ink. The surface tension and polarity of water are different from that of solvent, it is difficult to disperse paint, that directly affect the stability of the ink, viscosity And pH. The application of surfactant can increase the affinity of resin and water and the affinity of pigment and water-soluble bond, this will solve the problem of ink stability. The viscosity and pH value of ink need precisely controlled. When the pH value is higher than 9.5, the alkali is too strong, the viscosity of the ink will be reduced, the drying rate will become slower and the water resistance will become worse; When the pH value is less than 8, the alkalinity is too weak, the viscosity of the ink is increased, and the drying speed is accelerated, which can cause the defects such as dirty version, paste version and bubbling. When choosing pigments in the process of printing, we should choose high-grade pigments with bright color, low viscosity and stable system to make water based screen printing ink.
1. Can not mix water-based screen printing ink with solvent ink, in the course of use, it is necessary to adjust the viscosity or drying rate, and to add alcohol or ester.
2. Before using, stir well and then pour into the ink tank. Adjust the viscosity properly before use. Unused should cover the drum, can not let the water based screen printing ink in nature.
3. Before the use should detect the technical indicators, especially hue whether accord with the requirement of themselves, if the color deviation is bigger, please inform ink manufacturer appropriately allocate, and both sides of the dispute by hue error can be avoided.
4. Due to evaporation of water in the printing process, will affect the water based screen printing ink viscosity and PH value, requires constant testing viscosity and PH value, should be appropriate to join need pure water or PH stabilizer.
5. Water - based screen printing ink on printing equipment need to be residue after printing, the ink on the printing press roller is best cleaned with cleaning agent to serve for the next printing. Get out of the water-based ink use mistake and not all water-based ink users understand the principle of viscosity. many people will have such a misconception that the water-based screen printing ink viscosity is a good ink, can add a lot of water, printing more cardboard boxes, reduce costs and improve efficiency. In fact, could not according to the production equipment performance, blindly buy high-grade water-based screen printing ink, it is very impractical and unscientific to think that we can print quality printed materials with high quality screen printing ink. The most simple test of high-grade water-based screen printing ink is the existence of discoloration, but it is not particularly accurate to think that the water-based screen printing inks are high-grade, or that the printing ink is not lost.
Through the above introduction, I believe that you have learned about water-based screen printing ink, if you want to buy screen printing ink, please contact us, we are the best water-based screen printing ink supplier in China.